We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Fundraising
If you are afraid to ask someone for money you should not be involved in major gift fundraising. That sounds pretty logical, right? Yet, when Richard and I get involved in helping non-profits with their major gift programs, we find … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
“Thank you”, according to the dictionary, “is a conventional expression of gratitude”. I would suppose that if I do not feel thankful or say the words, “thank you”, that I am not really grateful. I have thought about this quite … Continue reading
The waste or misuse of time is one of the key reasons an MGO fails at his or her job. Now, as soon as some MGOs read this statement many will say that their manager gave them some lousy donors … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
I love analyzing cause and effect. In fact, my wife gets a little irritated by my constant WHY questions. “I wonder why this happened?”, and “What was the cause of that?”, etc. It is a basic curiosity that drives me … Continue reading
Don’t let one more minute of this new calendar year go by before you take steps to do the following five things as relates your major gift work: Review your caseload and make donor additions and deletions. Look at each … Continue reading
You might be reading the title to this blog post and seriously wondering if I’ve gone off the deep end. Do less? Yes, that is my third New Year’s resolution for 2013. Will you join me? Here’s what I’m getting … Continue reading
How many times during the day do you find yourself in the middle of something you and stop and say, “Why am I doing this?” Or, as you look back over the last month or last year, how many things … Continue reading
Sometimes it feels like time is going so fast that a week or even a month has gone by and I have no idea how it happened. Do you ever feel like that? Our world seems like it’s speeding up … Continue reading