We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Category Archives: Hiring
Okay, the last time I wrote about 7 qualities you want to see in organizations before you say YES to working with them. There was a LOT of feedback and energy from many people on this subject. Thanks for all … Continue reading
Many times in our blog, Richard and I have written about the qualities an MGO or development professional should possess to be considered great, or at least be on the short list for being hired. I want to turn that … Continue reading
As most of you probably know, there is a lot of data out there regarding volunteers being some of your best donors and donors being some of your best volunteers. Many non-profits spend a lot of time, energy and money … Continue reading
Lately, Richard and I are seeing a ton of Major Gift Officer openings around the country. I’m not sure what is going on, but 1) that’s great news, and 2) it scares me. Let me explain. Whenever a non-profit is … Continue reading
Every once in a while it’s good to stop and look at yourself carefully to evaluate how you are doing in your major gift job. Jeff and I find that there are many MGO’s in very good organizations who just … Continue reading
It never fails. The MGO is stuck in his relationship with the donor. He can’t seem to get her engaged. He even knows what the donor is interested in, but nothing seems to be working. So I ask: “Did you … Continue reading