We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Category Archives: Mission
New Year’s resolutions can be powerful. They can either take you to a new place in life or have the power to make you feel like a complete loser. Over the years I have made dozens of New Year’s resolutions. … Continue reading
Sometimes it feels like time is going so fast that a week or even a month has gone by and I have no idea how it happened. Do you ever feel like that? Our world seems like it’s speeding up … Continue reading
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” -Rumi I don’t like pain. For most of my life I’ve either denied or avoided suffering. Pain and suffering are things I have to consciously invite into my life or … Continue reading
It always amazes me to find out how many non-profit professionals actually believe that donors are not watching what they are doing. I’m not sure they actually believe that – but they behave that way. This “not watching” belief/behavior happens … Continue reading
DO I REALLY MATTER? That’s the question each of the donors on your caseload is asking? “Do I really matter?” And there are a thousand ways to tell them they don’t, not the least of which is not knowing who … Continue reading
A major gift officer’s life has a great deal of rejection in it. There are a lot of “no’s” and turndowns. On the surface one could argue that this is no life to lead. But hang on a minute. This … Continue reading
Building a Culture of Philanthropy; A Six-Part Series: #6—Practical Ideas to Start Implementing Today.
I hope that through this series you have begun to understand how important it is to develop a healthy, vibrant culture of philanthropy in your organization. Actually, it’s beyond important. Richard and I believe that it will be crucial if … Continue reading