We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Category Archives: Uncategorized
One of the greatest things about the work that Richard and I are fortunate to do is that we get know so many different people. We’ve witnessed many diverse styles and personalities at work in major gift fundraising and how … Continue reading
I was sitting in a conference room filled with MGO’s and development folks. They were lamenting the fact that their president was extremely uncomfortable talking and meeting with donors. They knew how important it was for their leader to interact … Continue reading
You have by now, hopefully, gotten yourself into the need. If you don’t know what I am talking about here, please read the two posts that precede this one. You’re personally into the need. You are at the scene. You … Continue reading
You can imagine what it feels like to be a VIP in the group you belong to only to find yourself, because of your increased donations to the charity you love, at the bottom of the heap, neglected and ignored. … Continue reading
The other night I was watching the show, “Real Time with Bill Maher” on HBO. There was an interesting segment he did on why President Obama was struggling with fundraising this year compared to four years ago. He reported that … Continue reading
We are often asked this question about the size of a major gift program in an organization: “How much should we depend on major gifts for revenue?” And the answer is usually, “Way more than you are now!” This is … Continue reading
Six Things You can Do This Summer to Help You Win in the 4th Quarter!Summertime Lesson #3: Get Ahead of the Game!
In my first post of this series I wrote, in part, about putting together a little “half-year” report on your caseload for your manager to let him or her know that you are on top of it and have a … Continue reading