We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Donors
As amazing as it may seem today, there are hundreds of major gift officers around the country who are afraid to ask their donors for a gift. Or they are afraid to ask for a significant gift. Why are they … Continue reading
Recently, I watched a documentary about a man named Buck Brannaman, best known as the inspiration for Robert Redford’s movie, “The Horse Whisperer.” This documentary was an in-depth look into his life and how he became so good at training … Continue reading
Lately, I’ve been working with major gift officers either in creating new goals for the next fiscal year or strategizing to help them achieve their goals as they come toward the end of the current fiscal year. It’s been challenging. … Continue reading
Richard and I are often asked by organizations to help them figure out what kind of materials they need to take with them for an ask meeting with a major donor. Many of these organizations have crazy ideas that they … Continue reading
I recently heard of a situation in a large non-profit where a multi-million donor withdrew his giving from the organization he had come to love. The reason? The promise which had been made when he gave his $2 million dollars … Continue reading
Six Things You can Do This Summer to Help You Win in the 4th Quarter! Summertime Lesson #2: Figure Out Who Your Donors Are
I know summer can be kind of frustrating for major gift officers because many of your donors are on vacation, or the program people are away and not doing a whole lot, so it can create a little anxiety. Well, … Continue reading
The Mid Year Major Gift Check List Series of 5: #4 – The Two Donors In Your Caseload Who Can Give Big!
There are two donors in your current caseload who can give your organization a six or seven figure gift! “What?! In my caseload?” Yup. How do I know this? Because I have not, in all of my career, ever seen … Continue reading
Jeff and I have a strong conviction that when one is working in a non-profit there are two parties actually being served: The clients or cause the non-profit is organized to address, and The donor who supports them. In one … Continue reading
Have you ever had the experience of sitting in a room with the program, finance or even fundraising people of a non-profit and, after all the chatter died away, realized that there was something missing from the conversation? The missing … Continue reading