We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Giving
If you are afraid to ask someone for money you should not be involved in major gift fundraising. That sounds pretty logical, right? Yet, when Richard and I get involved in helping non-profits with their major gift programs, we find … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
“Thank you”, according to the dictionary, “is a conventional expression of gratitude”. I would suppose that if I do not feel thankful or say the words, “thank you”, that I am not really grateful. I have thought about this quite … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
I love analyzing cause and effect. In fact, my wife gets a little irritated by my constant WHY questions. “I wonder why this happened?”, and “What was the cause of that?”, etc. It is a basic curiosity that drives me … Continue reading
You may be thinking, “Practicing gratitude? How do you practice gratitude? Don’t you just show gratitude?” Well, yes and no. Yes, you can show gratitude toward another person, but the kind of gratitude I’m talking about requires discipline. “Gosh, Jeff, … Continue reading
Wow, can you believe 2012 is about to come to a close? I can’t. This year has just flown by. Naturally, at this point in December, I begin to think about all that has happened this past year and then … Continue reading
“I hate the giving of the hand unless the whole man accompanies it.” Ralph Waldo Emerson Several posts ago I told you that the giving and getting of gifts is a difficult thing for me. Here’s why. I was sent … Continue reading
Your major donor has just given in the last month or last several weeks and you are now turning your attention to the donors on your caseload who have not given so far this calendar year. This is good. But … Continue reading
I have to admit I have always had a problem with receiving and giving gifts. It’s probably because I’m worried about the motivation behind the gift giving. Do you ever wonder about it? Does the person giving the gift really … Continue reading
Well, tomorrow, if you haven’t already done so, you will finally get to cast your ballot in the presidential election. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for this campaign season to be over. I feel like I’ve been … Continue reading