We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Giving
I have to admit I have always had a problem with receiving and giving gifts. It’s probably because I’m worried about the motivation behind the gift giving. Do you ever wonder about it? Does the person giving the gift really … Continue reading
Well, tomorrow, if you haven’t already done so, you will finally get to cast your ballot in the presidential election. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for this campaign season to be over. I feel like I’ve been … Continue reading
Hurricane Sandy literally dropped by my front door this week. A large tree across the street came down and landed inches from our house. It was a close call and we were lucky. Unfortunately we are still without electricity. Thankfully … Continue reading
A major gift officer’s life has a great deal of rejection in it. There are a lot of “no’s” and turndowns. On the surface one could argue that this is no life to lead. But hang on a minute. This … Continue reading
Every once in a while it’s good to stop and look at yourself carefully to evaluate how you are doing in your major gift job. Jeff and I find that there are many MGO’s in very good organizations who just … Continue reading
Do you know your organization’s story? Do you know how it began and why it exists? Have you ever considered why people support your organization? When I ask these questions of staff at non-profits I’m amazed at how many can’t … Continue reading
It was one of my worst days ever as a fundraiser. Being young and ambitious, I was going to show my boss that I could bring in the money. Besides, the board member I was about to ambush that day … Continue reading