We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Joy
Your major donor has just given in the last month or last several weeks and you are now turning your attention to the donors on your caseload who have not given so far this calendar year. This is good. But … Continue reading
Many times in our blog, Richard and I have written about the qualities an MGO or development professional should possess to be considered great, or at least be on the short list for being hired. I want to turn that … Continue reading
I think the phrase “talk to the hand” is so funny. While it may be a little off-putting or rude, the fact is that if someone says “talk to the hand” to you, it could simply mean that he … Continue reading
I will never forget what happened to the MGO when he went to meet with the owner of a very large company in California, asked for a gift and the donor said, “When you have something that has some vision … Continue reading
One of the greatest things about the work that Richard and I are fortunate to do is that we get know so many different people. We’ve witnessed many diverse styles and personalities at work in major gift fundraising and how … Continue reading
Well, tomorrow, if you haven’t already done so, you will finally get to cast your ballot in the presidential election. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for this campaign season to be over. I feel like I’ve been … Continue reading