We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Philanthropy
If you are afraid to ask someone for money you should not be involved in major gift fundraising. That sounds pretty logical, right? Yet, when Richard and I get involved in helping non-profits with their major gift programs, we find … Continue reading
Several months ago I was on a Skype call with a friend of mine who is a priest living in the mountains of Bolivia. He’s working with some of the poorest people in South America. He wanted my advice on … Continue reading
Recently, I was sitting across the table from the CEO of a very large non-profit we work with. He said, “Jeff, tell me how our MGOs are doing.” “Well”, I said, “all of your MGOs have exceeded their revenue goals … Continue reading
You may be thinking, “Practicing gratitude? How do you practice gratitude? Don’t you just show gratitude?” Well, yes and no. Yes, you can show gratitude toward another person, but the kind of gratitude I’m talking about requires discipline. “Gosh, Jeff, … Continue reading
Sometimes it feels like time is going so fast that a week or even a month has gone by and I have no idea how it happened. Do you ever feel like that? Our world seems like it’s speeding up … Continue reading
Wow, can you believe 2012 is about to come to a close? I can’t. This year has just flown by. Naturally, at this point in December, I begin to think about all that has happened this past year and then … Continue reading
When you sum up all that you have done this year, will the overwhelming opinion be that you did well? I hope that’s true for you. I also hope that’s true for me. When Jeff and I think about major … Continue reading