We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Stewardship
Hurricane Sandy literally dropped by my front door this week. A large tree across the street came down and landed inches from our house. It was a close call and we were lucky. Unfortunately we are still without electricity. Thankfully … Continue reading
DO I REALLY MATTER? That’s the question each of the donors on your caseload is asking? “Do I really matter?” And there are a thousand ways to tell them they don’t, not the least of which is not knowing who … Continue reading
OK, so you have a pile of stuff to do and hardly any time to do it all. How do you manage it? It’s always good to stop and reflect on this point. You can be so busy DOING that … Continue reading
It was one of my worst days ever as a fundraiser. Being young and ambitious, I was going to show my boss that I could bring in the money. Besides, the board member I was about to ambush that day … Continue reading
You have successfully taken your donor into the need. You know this is true because it has changed her. She is keenly aware of what the need is, the cause of that need and the consequence of the need not … Continue reading
In this series on Transporting Your Donor To The Scene we have been talking about need, how to identify it, how to identify the cause of it and how to document what will happen if the need is not met. … Continue reading
You heard your mother say it and most of the time it was true. She would say, “If you don’t (insert desired behavior) then you will (insert promised consequence).” And you either learned to believe it when she said it … Continue reading