We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Category Archives: Marketing Plans
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
I love analyzing cause and effect. In fact, my wife gets a little irritated by my constant WHY questions. “I wonder why this happened?”, and “What was the cause of that?”, etc. It is a basic curiosity that drives me … Continue reading
Don’t let one more minute of this new calendar year go by before you take steps to do the following five things as relates your major gift work: Review your caseload and make donor additions and deletions. Look at each … Continue reading
Your major donor has just given in the last month or last several weeks and you are now turning your attention to the donors on your caseload who have not given so far this calendar year. This is good. But … Continue reading
Perhaps you haven’t thought about it this way, but on a functional level you are selling a product. You are giving donors something in exchange for their money. Often, when I say this, I will get some push back like, … Continue reading
I was sitting in a conference room filled with MGO’s and development folks. They were lamenting the fact that their president was extremely uncomfortable talking and meeting with donors. They knew how important it was for their leader to interact … Continue reading
Well here we are already in mid-September, gearing up for the last quarter of the year. As you know, many donors tend to give the largest percentage of their gifts during this time of year. I’m sure if you review … Continue reading