We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Tag Archives: Asking
If you are afraid to ask someone for money you should not be involved in major gift fundraising. That sounds pretty logical, right? Yet, when Richard and I get involved in helping non-profits with their major gift programs, we find … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
“Thank you”, according to the dictionary, “is a conventional expression of gratitude”. I would suppose that if I do not feel thankful or say the words, “thank you”, that I am not really grateful. I have thought about this quite … Continue reading
Don’t let one more minute of this new calendar year go by before you take steps to do the following five things as relates your major gift work: Review your caseload and make donor additions and deletions. Look at each … Continue reading
Your major donor has just given in the last month or last several weeks and you are now turning your attention to the donors on your caseload who have not given so far this calendar year. This is good. But … Continue reading
Okay, the last time I wrote about 7 qualities you want to see in organizations before you say YES to working with them. There was a LOT of feedback and energy from many people on this subject. Thanks for all … Continue reading
One of the things donors often wonder about is whether the ask they just heard or received from the MGO is really, really true. Don’t get me wrong. They don’t think the MGO is lying. They are just not sure … Continue reading
I think the phrase “talk to the hand” is so funny. While it may be a little off-putting or rude, the fact is that if someone says “talk to the hand” to you, it could simply mean that he … Continue reading
I will never forget what happened to the MGO when he went to meet with the owner of a very large company in California, asked for a gift and the donor said, “When you have something that has some vision … Continue reading
It was one of my worst days ever as a fundraiser. Being young and ambitious, I was going to show my boss that I could bring in the money. Besides, the board member I was about to ambush that day … Continue reading