We’ve Moved!We've got lots of new posts for you, but they're at our new website! Click here to view our blog and sign up to receive them by email.
- We’ve Moved!!
- Three Things that Bother Me About Our Industry–#1—Leadership Will Not Raise Money.
- Not Asking Donors? Don’t blame the Major Gift Officer
- Events: What are they good for?
- Trust the Process
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #4 – Review Your Use of Time
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #3 – Analyze Your Strategies – Did They Work?
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #2 – Review The Performance Of Each Donor On Your Caseload
- Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hey folks, Richard and I wanted you to know that our Passionate Giving blog site has moved to a different location. We’ve had the new site up since the end of January. You can view the new blog site here http://veritusgroup.com/passionate-giving-blog/ … Continue reading
Recently, I was sitting across the table from the CEO of a very large non-profit we work with. He said, “Jeff, tell me how our MGOs are doing.” “Well”, I said, “all of your MGOs have exceeded their revenue goals … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #5 – How Well Did You Thank & Report Back To Your Donors?
“Thank you”, according to the dictionary, “is a conventional expression of gratitude”. I would suppose that if I do not feel thankful or say the words, “thank you”, that I am not really grateful. I have thought about this quite … Continue reading
Five Things You Must Do At The Beginning of This Calendar Year #1 – Review Your Caseload And Take Action
The year has closed. And now you know several things about your caseload: You know who didn’t give. You know who gave more than before. You know who you expected to give but didn’t and you don’t know why. You … Continue reading
You might be reading the title to this blog post and seriously wondering if I’ve gone off the deep end. Do less? Yes, that is my third New Year’s resolution for 2013. Will you join me? Here’s what I’m getting … Continue reading
If you are like many fundraisers, December is the biggest month of the year for you and your non-profit. This can put a ton of pressure and stress on you. You’ve got year-end giving and goals to meet, events and … Continue reading
One of the greatest things about the work that Richard and I are fortunate to do is that we get know so many different people. We’ve witnessed many diverse styles and personalities at work in major gift fundraising and how … Continue reading
I was sitting in a conference room filled with MGO’s and development folks. They were lamenting the fact that their president was extremely uncomfortable talking and meeting with donors. They knew how important it was for their leader to interact … Continue reading
You have by now, hopefully, gotten yourself into the need. If you don’t know what I am talking about here, please read the two posts that precede this one. You’re personally into the need. You are at the scene. You … Continue reading